logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4j 2.0 code review process
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 05:21:59 GMT

On May 24, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:

> Den 24/05/10 08.54, Ralph Goers skrev:
>> BTW  - If I didn't say it before, this is the one place that git would be helpful.
 You could fork the code and do what you like and I could merge back what I like, etc.  I
don't really find git all that much more compelling for development once you have a trunk
being co-developed, unless you change the development model to one where everyone works on
their own fork and then merges back.  While you can do this with SVN, git makes this really
easy.

> This would perhaps be a good time to switch to a distributed SCM to avoid the reliance
on a central server?  This I would personally think is a good idea.

> There is no clear consensus on Stack Overflow on which one of bzr, git and hg to use,
and I have no personal preference, except that good IDE support would be nice.

There is some support for git at http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html, http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
and http://git.apache.org.  Unless someone wants to beat me to it, I'll request git mirroring
for log4j tomorrow.