logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <nospam0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j 2.0 code review process
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 17:08:06 GMT
Den 24/05/10 08.54, Ralph Goers skrev:
> BTW  - If I didn't say it before, this is the one place that git would be helpful.  You
could fork the code and do what you like and I could merge back what I like, etc.  I don't
really find git all that much more compelling for development once you have a trunk being
co-developed, unless you change the development model to one where everyone works on their
own fork and then merges back.  While you can do this with SVN, git makes this really easy.

This would perhaps be a good time to switch to a distributed SCM to
avoid the reliance on a central server?  This I would personally think
is a good idea.

There is no clear consensus on Stack Overflow on which one of bzr, git
and hg to use, and I have no personal preference, except that good IDE
support would be nice.

--
   Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"