logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <nospam0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r943816 [1/9] - in /logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_2_0_EXPERIMENTAL/rgoers: ./ log4j12-api/ log4j12-api/src/ log4j12-api/src/main/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/org/ log4j12-api/src/main/java/org/apache/ log4j12-api/sr...
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 09:01:17 GMT
Den 14/05/10 09.22, Ralph Goers skrev:
> 2. I don't like the way Logback binds to the implementation. I used a technique I had
used in a previous logging framework and used a file to define the implementation class. In
theory, the API could be modified to support multiple logging implementation simultaneously,
although I have no plans to implement that.
You mean slf4j binding to logback?

I think the work done with standardizing the Seam approach in JEE 6
(which I am reading up on) will benefit also slf4j, since it will
basically handle the API->implementation binding, so that the logging
framework will not have to.

> 7, All internal components use the logger API for status reporting. A specific StatusLogger
provides the implementation.
I like that.  It is nice that you can use logging even if you are coding
stuff inside a logger.

   Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"