logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: log4j 2.0 code review process
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 06:49:26 GMT
I realize this isn't what you mean, but I did a fairly lousy job on the javadoc.  I'm traveling
this week and may find some time in the hotel to see if I can't clean it up.

As for adding @review tags, I'm good with pretty much anything.  It looks like the Maven Javadoc
plugin will let you add custom tags and then can generate a report on those tags, which would
be very helpful to look at them.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/tag-configuration.html shows
how to add a tag and http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/taglist.html is
an example report. I'm not sure what they did to generate it.

Ralph

On May 23, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> I'm prepping to start diving into the recent code drop and trying to figure out how to
do so in an effective way.  I was thinking maybe the best way to approach it would be to use
annotations or javadoc to make comments on the classes or methods.  This fairly old article
(http://java.sys-con.com/node/44700) describes using a @review Javadoc tag to capture code
review comments.  Does anyone have other suggestions on how to capture code review on the
code drop?