logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Clarke <mike.cla...@mystyleit.com>
Subject Re: log4j-dev@logging.apache.org
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:21:18 GMT
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response.

That is exactly what I want to do but (unfortunately) I can't figure
out from the documentation how to do that.
In the  org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver to me (I;'m more of a
admin then a dev) it just looks like the API to the class.

Then it goes on about an example (well you know what it says, it looks
like you wrote it)

I guess my real question is how to I get the example going.  Is the
example a config file example or a code example?

Could you please provide some more details about how to use the
org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver.

Much Thanks,
Mike Clarke