logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is anybody home? :-D
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 04:28:48 GMT
We've discussed the javac target option previously, setting target=1.2
does not indicate that only methods in the JDK 1.2's class library are
used, it means to output byte-code that adheres to that particular
JVM's byte code format.  The target setting was intentional.  I'm not
aware of any significant improvement that would come from bumping it.
I definitely would not want to bump it on log4j itself.

I think the reason for bumping one of the companions to using log4j
1.2.16 instead of 15 is that we were having class loading issues when
UnrecognizedElementHandler (which is used to support nested content in
user defined appenders et al) was defined both in log4j.jar and in the
companion.  I think the interface was removed from the companion and
the minimal version was bumped.