logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LocalizedLogger (enhancement)
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:03:57 GMT
There was discussion a few years back that was spread across several
mailing lists on localization of logging, see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/59103/

  for a jumping off place.  Searching for "localization" on the
mailing list has two many false hits on Gump messages, searching for
I18N and L7D hit more relevant matches.

Not having looked at your code, my instinct would be to go with a
utility class approach like LogMF and LogSF in the extras companion.
Where the call would end up like:

LogL7D.info(logger, ....)

Will try to review your code over the weekend.  Thanks for the
submission.