logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Devine" <alex.dev...@gmail.com>
Subject Perf4J performance logging, monitoring and analysis library
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:19:49 GMT
Hello log4j devs,

I'm posting to this list to say thank you to all the developers that made
log4j possible. I recently released perf4j, which is a performance logging
and analysis library that is built on top of log4j (it also works with other
logging libraries and facades). Perf4J provides some command line tools and
a number of custom log4j appenders designed to simplify the gathering and
analysis of performance info. For example, it provides appenders to
automatically aggregate timing logs, generate graphs, and expose performance
statistics as JMX attributes.

If any of this interests you please take a look - perf4j.org. Also, this is
my first open source project so I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on the
code/design.

Thanks very much,
Alex Devine