logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Receivers artifacts and Chainsaw
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:46:05 GMT
One of the last tasks to complete before a potential 'release' to the
Webstart version of Chainsaw is building a custom Receiver artifact
output that does not include the JMSReceiver & DBReceiver, both of
which require dependent jars that we obviously can't ship (because we
don't know what provider they'll need).

I plan to add a new output artifact in log4j-receivers that contains
this, and have it with a classifier of 'chainsaw-receivers', and have
it attached via buildhelper plugin so that it is pushed out as an
artifact. A similar approach would be to produce an artifact just
containing JMS+DB receivers.  There would still be a 'non-classified'
binary containing all Receivers as standard.

That way Chainsaw can mark a dependency on it's relevant classifier.
This would mean that both the Webstart and standalone versions of
Chainsaw would require an end-user who wished to use JMSReceiver or
DBReceiver could download the 'extras' pack of Receivers, and drop it
into the plugins folder together with their provider jars.

thoughts?

Paul