logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Will Sargent" <will.sarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wrote a layered configurator for log4j-1.2
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:15:48 GMT
On 9/4/07, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  What's the syntax to import an external config file into a Log4j
> XML config file?  Maybe I missed it, but I think you only had a Log4j
> properties file example.

log4j-config.properties is actually not a properties file in the usual
sense.  It's a list of config files to read in, seperated by newlines.
 I should probably rename it to log4j.config, and then
it'll be more obvious.

> I also wonder if you are proposing to donate the code the Apache Logging Log4j
> project?  Theoretically, it could be yet another Log4j companion project.
>  Maybe we could create a "configuration" companion to encompass useful
> configuration code.  There could even be code to utilize other more full
> featured configuration projects such as commons-configuration or provide
> Spring Application Context integration.  Just a thought.

I'm happy to donate the code to Log4J -- I put it under the Apache
license and I've made sure it's commented.  It really is just a custom
configurator (albeit one that "configurates" configurators) so I think
it should fit nicely into Log4J itself, subject to modifications and
code style...

Will.