logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sagi Mann" <sagim...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JUL appender
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 06:49:38 GMT
Nice catch!
Thanks for helping out with the investigation.
Could you pls point me to the proper snapshot URL?

Thanks,
Sagi

________________________________

From: Paul Smith [mailto:psmith@aconex.com]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 06:22 AM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: JUL appender

finally worked it out.  mvn test runs do not run in isolated
classloaders so a prior test case had added another JULAppender to the
logger configuration, which was using a different level converter.  I
couldn't work out why TRACE was being mapped to INFO until I
toStringed the appender on the doAppend loop.

Looks much better.

the jul bridge release will depend on a 1.2.15 and companion official
release.  Once they are officially signed off a vote can be taken to
vote on the bridge being released.  It would be nice if you could grab
the latest snapshot build and confirm the behavior works to your
satisfaction?

The problem is that the people.apache.org site is down so I can't
publish a new snapshot distro for testing:

http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

cheers,

Paul