logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: JUL appender
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 06:55:26 GMT
I have got the JULAppender (subtle rename, made it upper case to
match the rest of the bridge projects naming conventions) into the
bridge project in my local workspace.

I've slightly changed the Appender to use the JULLevelConverter
interface so that users can customize the Level mapping.  I've added
a test case to cover this.  Files have been moved into the .jul
package name spaces as well.

What's odd is that running all the unit tests inside Eclipse pass
fine, but not under maven.  I haven't worked out what is going on
there, it appears the TestHandler (renamed AssertionHandler to
prevent maven thinking it's a unit test) is being activated by a
trace level event when it shouldn't.  I don't quite understand it yet.

Sagi, if I commit my local changes soon, would you be able to
checkout the bridge project and help debug this?

cheers,

Paul
On 25/06/2007, at 4:42 PM, Sagi Mann wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, makes total sense to me as well.
>
> Sagi Mann

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.