logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: GSoC Project : Enhancing Chainsaw
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 04:23:36 GMT
that sleep level should be a receiver configurable setting too.  A
default of 5 seconds is good, and perhaps we should have per-remote
resource type defaults.  that is, perhaps 1 second is ok as a default
for files, but 5 seconds seems a nice default for other classes of
remote protocols (http, sftp etc).

Not sure what the overhead is in VFS for gaining access to the
RandomAccessContent object.  Be interesting to profile that.  Do you
have access to a Profiler tool like Yourkit ?

cheers,

Paul

On 29/05/2007, at 10:25 AM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> Looks good..I'd suggest doing a file.exists on the 1st line of the
> do loop & reset the pointer to zero if it's false, sleep for 5
> secs, and continue..
>
> Will help folks like me who use apps which truncate a log file on
> app start.
>

> Scott Deboy
> COMOTIV SYSTEMS
> 111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
> Portland, OR  97201
>
> Telephone:      503.224.7496
> Cell:           503.997.1367
> Fax:            503.222.0185
>
> sdeboy@comotivsystems.com
>
> www.comotivsystems.com

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.