logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Chainsaw+log4j12 == LocationInfo oddness
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 03:57:40 GMT
I'm getting a weird NPE here:

Daemon Thread [Chainsaw-WorkerThread] (Suspended (breakpoint at line
539 in PatternParser$ClassNamePatternConverter))
	PatternParser$ClassNamePatternConverter.getFullyQualifiedName
(LoggingEvent) line: 539
	PatternParser$ClassNamePatternConverter(PatternParser
$NamedPatternConverter).convert(LoggingEvent) line: 512
	PatternParser$ClassNamePatternConverter(PatternConverter).format
(StringBuffer, LoggingEvent) line: 65
	PatternLayout.format(LoggingEvent) line: 504
	EventDetailLayout.format(LoggingEvent) line: 280
	LogPanel$DetailPaneUpdater.updateDetailPane() line: 2552
	LogPanel$DetailPaneUpdater.setSelectedRow(int) line: 2531
	LogPanel$DetailPaneUpdater.access$1(LogPanel$DetailPaneUpdater, int)
line: 2529
	LogPanel.receiveEventBatch(String, List) line: 1398
	ChainsawAppenderHandler$WorkQueue$WorkerThread.dispatchEventBatch
(ChainsawEventBatch) line: 343
	ChainsawAppenderHandler$WorkQueue$WorkerThread.run() line: 299

This is because the fqnOfCategoryClass variable is null, as is the
LocationInfo.  This obviously never happened with 1.3.  I wonder if
the 'fake' appender that dispatches events to the GUI is required to
handle something slightly different.

Anyway, I'm looking at this, just thought I'd let people know where I
was progress wise.

Also on a maven front, I've finally started getting log4j12 branch
working with maven.  I basically copied the dependency list from the
trunk pom.xml, and fought with the maven repos to get all the sun
jars downloaded into my local repo.  Curse Sun and their jar
licensing.  Why can't it 'just work'.   If all the sun jars were in
maven repos, then I think Maven would look extra schmick.  Together
with the maven-eclipse plugin, I'm seriously thinking that mavenizing
Chainsaw isn't a bad idea.

Paul