logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLSocketHubReceiver available - answer to Scott Deboy e-mail
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:15:23 GMT
Hi,
No, the ASF does not require a CLA from people contributing patches
via an issue tracker.  Only committers.  If contributors want to sign
a CLA, they can, but it's by no means required.

Yoav

On 11/20/06, Scott Deboy <sdeboy@comotivsystems.com> wrote:
> Does LS or Apache -require- a CLA from one-time submitters?
>
> From http://www.apache.org/licenses/
>
> "The ASF desires that all contributors of ideas, code, or documentation to the Apache
projects complete, sign, and submit (via snailmail or fax) an Individual Contributor License
Agreement (CLA)..."

> Note the word 'desires'..
>
> There is one case where a CLA is required:
>
> "A signed CLA is required to be on file before an individual is given commit rights to
an ASF project."

> I'm not sure what other projects do, or if I'm misunderstanding the CLA requirement,
but it seems to me that it seems a bit overly-bureaucratic to require a faxed/mailed CLA of
one-time contributors (resulting in a corresponding reduction in individual contributions).