logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: XMLSocketHubReceiver available - answer to Scott Deboy e-mail
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 07:04:01 GMT
Does LS or Apache -require- a CLA from one-time submitters?

>From http://www.apache.org/licenses/

"The ASF desires that all contributors of ideas, code, or documentation to the Apache projects
complete, sign, and submit (via snailmail or fax) an Individual Contributor License Agreement
(CLA)..."

Note the word 'desires'..

There is one case where a CLA is required:

"A signed CLA is required to be on file before an individual is given commit rights to an
ASF project."

I'm not sure what other projects do, or if I'm misunderstanding the CLA requirement, but it
seems to me that it seems a bit overly-bureaucratic to require a faxed/mailed CLA of one-time
contributors (resulting in a corresponding reduction in individual contributions).

Scott Deboy

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Sun 11/19/2006 8:59 PM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: XMLSocketHubReceiver available - answer to Scott Deboy e-mail

Thanks for the contribution.  Please file a bug report at http://
issues.apache.org/bugzilla and attach the file there.  Also, check
any box that mentions that you are donating the code to Apache
Software Foundation (that checkbox might only be present on JIRA).
Please also complete a Contributors License Agreement (http://
www.apache.org/licenses) and fax or mail to the ASF.