logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Anybody home?
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:05:47 GMT

Maybe its time for new blood?  If existing Log4j developers can't put
in the time necessary to move things along as fast as the community
would like, then it might be time to accept some new developers from
the community that are willing to keep things moving.  Elias, are you
volunteering?  Users like Kay Abendroth, who has been extremely busy
the last couple days canvassing Bugzilla reports, may be what we need
to move things along.

Of course, some evidence of providing quality patches and general
dedication are prerequisites to becoming a candidate for committer
access to the project, as well as having been nominated by a
committer (I'm not 100% sure of all the Apache rules for committer
access?).  Maybe some of the other committers can chime in here.  I
don't want to start nominating people before we get a consensus of
what approach, if any, should be taken.

Thoughts?

Jake