logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Let me ask a question
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:24:23 GMT
Hi all,
I'm new here but very interested in this project. After having a look
at the source code, I have a question upon the class VectorWriter in
the org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation. This implementation of
PrintWriter fully disobeyed the JDK spec. For example, the spec of
println(String) says "Print a String and then terminate the line. This
method behaves as though it invokes print(String) and then
println().".
The problem is, if we have another implementation of
Throwable.printStaceTrace(PrintWriter) which use print(msg) then
print("\n") instead of println(msg), it will fail.

I wonder is there another way to record the throwable information
instead of depending on the implementation detail of
Throwable.printStackTrace(PrintWriter)?

Thank you very much.
--
Tony Wu