logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From patrick <Patrick.W...@mobilesolutions.ch>
Subject Re: Enhanced FileAppender
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 09:09:15 GMT

hi heri,

i like the idea a lot.
however (admittedly without thinking to much about it ;-} ) i'd use
"Strategy pattern" http://www.dofactory.com/Patterns/PatternStrategy.aspx

and something like:
FileNameBuilder {
 public String buildFilename( LoggingEvent event );
}

maybe it would be an idea to add a method
 public boolean closeFileAfter( LoggingEvent event );

to make it possible to close the files with a specific log event.

but that's just some quick toughts ;-}

best regards
patrick