logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Ross <er...@m-qube.com>
Subject [VOTE] was Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate log4j-concurrent from sandbox to trunk
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:31:30 GMT
On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 14:09 -0700, Elias Ross wrote:

> This should get you the source.
>
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/concurrent log4j-concurrent
>
> I'd like to put out a vote in the next week.  I would appreciate your
> help.

Okay, now that it's "next week" I'm calling for a vote for the migration
of the concurrent library to trunk. :-)

Please answer with 1 or 0 and your choice of + and - symbols.

[Why?  1. Provides deadlock-free appenders.  2. Provides a base for
appenders that could benefit from concurrency, e.g. those that do I/O.
3. Could serve as a basis for the Log4j 2.0 redesign.  4. Does not
impact the Log4j 1.3 release or compatibility and is very small. ]