logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Ross <er...@m-qube.com>
Subject Re: code contribution
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:54:12 GMT

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 09:27 -0700, Chad LaVigne wrote:
> I've attached the source code, a test class and a log4j configuration
> file that utilizes the filter.  Please let me know if you have any
> questions or comments.

Just a couple of comments...

It might be nice to call it what it is used for, not how it was
implemented.  I mean, "BurstFilter" or something describes what it does
a bit better.

Also, I think using "long" instead of "int" doesn't really make too much
sense.  I don't see a case for over 4 billion tokens.

And I know this isn't directed at you, but it'd be nice to see something
similar to what Syslog does, which is suppresses duplicate messages,
then after some time displays a count of the number suppressed.