logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r391905 - in /logging/log4j/trunk: docs/ src/java/org/apache/log4j/ src/java/org/apache/log4j/joran/ src/java/org/apache/log4j/spi/ src/java/org/apache/log4j/watchdog/ src/java/org/apache/log4j/xml/ tests/input/watchdog/ tests/src/java/org/
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 05:36:37 GMT
I checked in a bunch of changes.  Hopefully it isn't more broken than
before.  The tests for FileWatchdog are just too intricate.  The config file
could be getting read by watchdog, so can't be deleted as required in the
tests, so I had to add some code to loop on deleting.  Then it seems that it
can take some time for the appender buffer to flush to the file, etc.  Most
of this intricacy is because of the nature of the test.  In real world usage
I don't think it would be this complex.

We'll see if Gump complains tonight.

-Mark