logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release log4j 1.3alpha8
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:37:54 GMT
On 2/1/06, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2006, at 11:04 AM, Mark Womack wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure that I did not update to the latest site contents
> > before doing the a8 build.  Oversight on my part.  If that makes a
> > concrete difference, then we should -1 and do it again.
> >
> > (Have I mentioned that I really dislike having a dependency on a
> > separate repo?)
> >

> log4j no longer depends on the "logging-site" module.  However the
> content on http://logging.apache.org/log4j is generated from the
> files in src/xdocs.

Erg.  This is still bad if someone updates the site before the release
is approved and ends up copying up the modified download page.  But
ok.  Seems like site release should be handled separately from project
release.

> I did not see a SVN commit message and the contents and log for
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1.3alpha8/
> build.xml do not indicate that the "breakiterator" change and the
> restoration of the DLL build.
>
> svn log http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1.3alpha8/
> build.xml
> svn diff http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/
> v1.3alpha8/build.xml http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/
> trunk/build.xml

I can't explain this.  I guess my re-copying to the alpha8 tag did not
work.  There was a svn commit message on 1/30: