logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kharlamov <aharla...@gmail.com>
Subject Contribution of non-blocking socket appender
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:29:19 GMT
Hello!

I have wrote a non-blocking socket appender for log4j. It is useful for
RT applications where long-time application lock is not acceptable.

The appender just wraps SocketAppender. All log events a put into a
bounded queue. A background thread takes the event from queue and passes
them to SocketAppender. If the queue is overflowed, the appender puts a
warning event into queue and ignores all subsequent event until the
queue will be able to accept data again.

How can I contribute my work into mainstream? What branch should I use
as a base to provide a patch?

WBR, Alexey Kharlamov