logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4j 1.3 prioritized tasks
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:10:06 GMT

On Jan 9, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Elias Ross wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 22:22 -0600, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> I haven't taken a serious look at the code.  But if all the IP issues
>> are addressed and there are no objections, I'd have no problem having
>> the contribution in the sandbox.  If it then progresses to something
>> that the community wants in a formal log4j release, then all it would
>> take is a "svn mv" or two to graft in into the log4j source tree.
>

> Hi Curt Arnold and Log4j List,
>
> Now that I'm back...
>
> So, how might I address the IP concerns and release this into "svn"?
> Please address me privately, if necessary.

I think that the scope of the contribution is substantial enough that
having a signed Contributor License Agreement (see http://
www.apache.org/licenses/) should be on file.  The CLA contains
representations that you have rights to contribute the code, etc.
After that is on file, then resubmit the contribution attached to a
bug report (since the CLA would not be retroactive to previous
submissions).

> I also have a list of miscellaneous fixes that "findbugs" (of
> http://findbugs.sf.net" located.  (Mostly unused variables and other
> cleanup items.)  It may be helpful to integrate this tool into the
> build
> as well.

The experimental Maven build currently builds a PMD (http://
pmd.sourceforge.net) report which may have some functional overlap
with Findbugs.  There did seem to be a Findbugs Maven plugin, but I
haven't investigated whether it was a Maven 1.x or Maven 2.x plugin.