logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject [COMPATIBILITY] Internal logging
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:30:03 GMT
Many people use root loggers, and now log4j's logging will be included in their application.

Some folks will see this as an incompatibility - if they expected to be able to drop in 1.3
and have their log output look identical to how 1.2 behaved.

It will be interesting to hear from users whether this is an issue.

At a minimum, we need to provide a very clear example of how to keep log4j internal logging
output out of their logs.

We could consider programmatically defaulting log4j output off unless log4j.debug=true (if
we choose to continue to support log4j.debug, which we probably should).

Scott