logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [COMPATIBILITY] LoggerRepository & LoggerRepositoryEx
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 07:05:09 GMT
At 10:00 PM 1/2/2006 -0800, you wrote:
 >I see that we moved the methods that had been added to LoggerRepository for
 >1.3 into LoggerRepositoryEx.
 >
 >My question is why?  Is it very likely that any users of log4j have
 >implemented their own instance of LoggerRepository and not used the version
 >implemented in Hierarchy?  Where would they even override not using
 >Hierarchy in favor of their own implementation?

I don't see this happening quite so much as with the RepositorySelector
interface, which did change between 1.2 and 1.3.  The changes are somewhat
important for 1.3's usage... at least it used to be.  I haven't tracked all
the recent changes.  I hope the recent changes don't blow away stuff like
self-logging and improvements to repository selectors.

Jake