logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contribution of non-blocking socket appender
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:15:38 GMT
1) You need to file a signed CLA with the ASF.  See this link under
"Contributor License Agreements" for details:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/

2) Submit code via a bug report.  All source files must have the
proper ASF license header.  You can find an example of this in the
current code.

3) I would make a patch on the svn head/trunk.  It is unlikely that
this change will be included in a 1.2 version since we are not focused
on releasing anything on that branch unless required and only critical
fixes at this point.

4) The committers will review the code and decide to include it in the
main code release, an optional release, or maybe the sandbox.  You can
also release the code to the log4j-user email list for others to
use/comment, etc.

We appreciate the effort and contribution!

-Mark