logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject [Chainsaw]: Serialization of preferences
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:32:45 GMT
Scott, I'm going to have a first crack at changing the whole
Preferences saving model over the next week or so.  I'll start with
LogPanel and it's children and use Xstream just to see whether it
works for us or not.  Should that prove successful I will go ahead
and rework(redo) the SettingsManager stuff.  I'm not sure If I was on
crack at the time, but after leaving Chainsaw for a while, when I
went back into SettingsManager all I managed to do was say "WTF?" to
myself a lot. weird stuff in there...

Also basics of ZeroconfSocketHubAppender is in svn now too.   I plan
to create a simple GUI component that will appear as a tab, showing
all discovered hosts with the ability to connect/disconnect to them
by double clicking on them (behind the scenes creates an matching
receiver based on the port # broadcast in the Zeroconf packets).

cheers,

Paul