logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject 1.3 alpha 7 build
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:14:33 GMT
As promised, here is the 1.3 alpha 7 build.

I think I tagged everything the right way for svn.  I don't see a commit
message for my change to the HISTORY.txt file though (to set the release
date).

Anyway, you can find the images at:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/logging/log4j/log4j-1.3a7/

Take a look and we can vote for a release if things look good.

Some notes:

- The main trunk requires jdk 1.4 to build right now.  So, the controversial
1.2/1.3 compatibility is moot at this point.  We will need to review the
issues and decide how to resolve.  But right now it is good enough for an
alpha release, imo.

- I did not build with the slf4j beta 4 jar.  We need to decide how we are
going to move forward with slf4j support and we need to upgrade to the
latest slf4j version once we decide.

I am going to do the 1.2.13 build tomorrow night.  I'm out of time tonight.

-Mark