logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: contribs and how does it work
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 19:27:11 GMT
On a similar note, HouseKeepingFileAppender might be better done as a
RollingPolicy for the log4j 1.3 RollingFileAppender framework.

I wouldn't discourage your from filing bugs with the use-cases that you
were trying to support.  At least that would allow us to know what
concerns prompted the development.  If there are code fragments that
you think would fit within a RollingPolicy or TriggeringEventEvaluator,
you could copy them into the body of the message.  I think it is
unlikely that we'd take the whole appender (at least not into the main
stream development), but you could either attach it now or we could
come back to you if it looked like it would be helpful.  Attaching the
file to the bug would allow others to retrieve the code even if it
doesn't make it into a release.

If you are considering contributing code, you should read
http://www.apache.org/licenses/, particularly the section on
Contributor License Agreements.  CLA's are required for substantial
code contributions to be accepted.