logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <wom...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] slf4j support in log4j 1.2.X
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 18:04:01 GMT

I agree, but I think that deciding overall goals and direction for/with
those wanting to do the work is still important.  If we had this discussion
before we would have avoided the whole 1.2.10 release.

> One other issue to consider is that how we choose to integrate slf4j into
> 1.2.x (if we do) may be different from how we integrate slf4j into 1.3
> (the issue needs to be researched further).

Agreed.  The current cvs can be more flexible or different that whatever is
done for a 1.2 release.

> I'd prefer we focus on finishing up the minor changes that have been
> discussed re: 1.2.x (trace, etc.), but leave slf4j integration as a 1.3
> issue.  Ceki may choose to integrate any changes we make to 1.2.x to his
> fork, and that's fine with me.

Agreed.  We should focus on the releases we have decided to do.  Working on
slf4j until it is deemed "frozen" is a parallel effort.  I'd like to support
slf4j more concretely with an actual release in the 1.2 code base.  Then
adding it to an "official" release is a different decision.

-Mark