logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Release of log4j version 1.2.10
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:00:19 GMT

The idea of migration to SLF4J from UGLI was discussed several weeks
ago and was received favorably. Moreover, the SLF4J code is not new.
Actually, SLF4J has been part of log4j HEAD with a different name
(UGLI) for over 10 months. At present time, SLF4j is also part of CVS
HEAD.

SLF4J solves some serious reliability problems hundreds of users
suffer from daily. When our users can deploy log4j reliably, it is
fair to say that the log4j project stands to gain from SLF4J.

Please note that the 1.2.10 release is 100% compatible with previous
1.2 releases. I really was not expecting a controversy surrounding
this release. Consequently, I may have rushed it a little, hoping for
your continued support and understanding.

--
Ceki Gülcü