logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: UGLI replaced by SLF4J
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:19:52 GMT

Excellent!  Glad to see things moving along :-)  Hopefully this set up will
improve acceptance and adoption!

Just one note, are is slf4j going to support all the common levels generally
expected by users of Log4j, commons-logging, and JDK1.4 logging?  I see
"debug", "info", "warn", and "error".  I don't see "trace" or "fatal".  I agree
that the former levels are the most commonly used.  Does the decision to not
include the latter levels have anything to do with library code not being
expected to need it?  I saw that the FAQ about "When should SLF4J be used?" and
it seems to hint at my hunch as the reason.  It is an, arguably, valid reason
for the exlusion of "trace" and "fatal".  I guess we'll need to see what kind
of user input we get about it.  In any case, this is a big step forward.

Jake