logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project logging-log4j-tests (in module logging-log4j) failed
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:32:06 GMT
SMTPAppenderTest was added just before Gump started failing.  The
problem appear to be that tests/build.xml does not request
SMTPAppender.java to be compiled resulting in its test failing to
compile.  Possible resolutions include:

Excluding SMTPAppenderTest from the javac step for now.

Adding <ant target="build.smtp"/> to parent build

This would allow the tests to run in environments that have Java Mail,
but you'd still get the same problem on environments without Java Mail.

Adding build.smtp plus using available to check if SMTPAppender is
actually available.

This would allow the test to run when Java mail is available and
skipped when now.

Unless somebody else wants to step forward.  I'll try to do something
to get Gump running before the next iteration.