logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Additions to the Appender interface
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:47:20 GMT

On Feb 28, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> - Mark activateOptions in Appender deprecated, with a prominent notice
> that
> it is slated for future removal and has been replaced by the activate
> method
> in AppenderLifecycle interface.

Unfortunately having both activate (overriden by internal appenders)
and activateOptions (overriden by existing custom appenders) can make
it extremely complicated to have a complex appender that performs the
exact same actions for both activate() and activateOptions().  I have
no problem with AppenderSkeleton.activate being a final method that
invokes AppenderSkeleton.activateOptions.