logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Reverting Appender interface
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:39:11 GMT

On Feb 22, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> Hello Curt,
>
> I am in the process of recovering from a hardware faulire. Sorry for
> not responding earlier.
>
> We are allowed to break existing implementations of Appenders.
> Existing implementations of Appender need to keep up if they want to
> be compatible. Please do not revert this change without further
> discussion.
>
> Thanks,

Bad timing, I just reverted it.  I wanted to make sure it was live for
the next Gump iteration and I assumed that there was not going to be a
response from you given the late time.

Fortunately, it was very localized at this point, all that was required
to be reverted was Appender and AbstractAppenderTest.  I had also left
an import of SMTPAppenderTest in AbstractAppenderTest which was causing
the continued failure of logging-log4j-tests.  I think this is a
reasonable state to hold and work through the issues.