logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AppenderSkeleton.isActive, etc
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:48:17 GMT

On Feb 25, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> Curt,
>
> While I appreciate your efforts in resolving the Gump failure with the
> Hivemind tests, what we have currently works just fine and is quite
> simple to understand. Could we please move on?

I can't stress how strongly that I believe these changes are bad and
will unnecessarily cause some users of 1.2 to stay with log4j 1.2 or
encounter broken behavior during the migration.  I was disappointed
that such significant changes were initially committed (back on the
18th) without any prior discussion or announcement.  If I missed it, I
apologize.

I think it is inappropriate to attempt to preemptively suppress a
discussion.  I think that I raised legitimate technical issues that
should been discussed much earlier.  I know that we disagree, I'd like
to see what the rest of the list thinks.