logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yoa...@MIT.EDU>
Subject RE: Chainsaw as seperate CVS module?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:20:59 GMT
Hi,

> There has been so much conversion to subversion recently in other areas
> of Jakarta, and I'm sure I read an email somewhere that the goal was to
> have everyone over to SVN by the end of the year, but I wouldn't trust
> my memory on things...

You read correctly: Henri Yandell sent an email with the deadlines (1/1/2006
being the final cutover date) a few days ago on pmc@jakarta.

I don't think a move to a separate CVS module should be combined with a move
to SVN.  As always, one step at a time is better.  I do think a move to a
separate CVS module makes sense, just like it did for Jasper in the Tomcat
world and there are numerous other examples.

Yoav