logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy McBride" <andy.mcbr...@pcmsgroup.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Splitting log4j.jar by dependency
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:23:48 GMT
As long as there is a 'core' log4j jar having only jdk 1.2
dependencies, any number of optional jars could be
produced to satisfy all deployment requirements.

e.g.

log4j.jar  (core + ext = current API for compatibility)
log4j-core.jar  (core classes)
log4j-ext.jar  (all optional packages)
log4j-smtp.jar  (optional)
log4j-jms.jar  (optional)
log4j-db.jar  (optional)
log4j-oro.jar  (optional)
log4j-...

Regards

Andy

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:00:19 -0800
  Mark Womack <womack@adobe.com> wrote:
>Could we break it up into 2 jars, log4j-core.jar and
>log4j-ext.jar, instead
>of a multitude of api specific jars?  Does this get in
>the way of what you
>are trying to accomplish?
>
>-Mark

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or
privileged material.  If You are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution is
Prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The views
expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of The PCMS Group
plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any instruction
contained.