logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Watchdogs
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:12:16 GMT
At 08:54 PM 1/31/2005, you wrote:
>Adding a reset-configuration action sounds like a good thing to have.  I'll
>look into adding it; it will be a good chance to play with Joran.
>
>But I am still curious as to why the JoranConfigurator starts with the
>double logging messages right from the very start of the second doConfigure:

That's internal-logging "magic".

Hint: Joran is replaying events... See also
ConfiguratorBase.attachListAppender and detachListAppender methods and how
they are used in JoranConfigurator.doConfigure(ParseAction,
LoggerRepository) method.

By the way, PropertyConfigurator does exactly the same.

[cut]

>I'll play with it this evening and see.

Alright.

--