logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: latest build.xml
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:59:43 GMT

The "build" target builds everything so it's expected to fail if there  are
missing dependencies. If you just need basic log4j, you need to call the
'build.core' or 'log4j.jar' targets.

Since it now depends on build.chainsaw instead of "build", the webstart
target should work now.

Regarding the "webstart-dependant-receivers.jar" target, I think it is no
longer needed in its current form since there is now log4j-jms.jar and
log4j-db.jar.

To set up a JMS connection or JDBC connection takes some effort. I don't
see how anyone could expect JMS or JDBC to work just by clicking on a
generic webstart URL. What am I missing?

At 10:30 PM 1/19/2005, Paul Smith wrote:
>'build' doesn't work for me, nor does the 'webstart' one (which depends on
>build).  the help text on 'build' says that it will only build available
>dependencies.  Should this be changed?
>
>cheers,
>
>Paul
>
>Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>

>>Hey Paul,
>>
>>The requirement depends on the target. Which target are you trying?
>>
>>At 09:52 PM 1/19/2005, you wrote:
>>
>>>The latest build.xml seems to _require_ that I have jms.jar to build
>>>log4j at all.  In the past, this was an optional dependency.  The help
>>>notes on build.xml says that the 'build' target will build all targets
>>>except where dependencies are not found, which does not seem to be the
>>>case for JMS at least.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately I don't have time this morning to try to fix the build
>>>file, but just FYI.
>>>
>>>cheers,
>>>
>>>Paul

Ceki Gülcü