logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Major surgery, patient recovering
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:48:18 GMT

Jake et al.,

After pervasive modifications in the internals of log4j, initial tests
under TC 5.5 show that log4j will correctly separate all logging
output, event those internally generated, according to
LoggerRepository lines defined by the user's web-applications.

Given the extent of the surgery, I probably broke a thing or two, they
should hopefully surface before 1.3 is released with the help of new
unit tests.

Taking advantage of the surgery, I removed a few unused classes, in
particular DateFormat classes in o.a.l.helpers. The ErrorHandler
interface and various implementations have also been removed because
error handling is not something an Appender can delegate. Error
delegation was a very ambitious concept but it was also wrong.

--
Ceki Gülcü