logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy McBride" <andy.mcbr...@pcmsgroup.com>
Subject Re: Log4j-1.3 autoconfiguration default?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:00:19 GMT
Hi Jake,

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:18:13 -0600
  Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
>At 03:24 AM 12/4/2004 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi Ceki,
> > I'm having several interesting problems
> >trying to build and run the log4j unit tests at the
>moment
> >on my system which I suspect are due to my environment
>not
> >being quite right yet after a recent clean OS
>re-install
> >:-(
> >

>Can you explain your issue?  There is one case where unit
>tests depend on code in "examples" source tree
>(InterpreterTest) causing compile failures if you don't
>have "examples/src" configured as a location for source
>files. I don't care for this kind of invalid dependency
>and have a proposed patch for this which is sitting in my
>sandbox.

I have posted a new thread to discuss the issues: "Unit
test dependencies"

I have posted a couple messages to this point
>on log4j-dev, but haven't gotten any feedback.
> Basically, it affects Joran stuff and I'm not
>comfortable committing changes to that area of the code
>without Ceki's approval (hint, hint).

Ceki did respond to your post, see my update on that
thread.

> >Perhaps I should also create a bugzilla item to track
>this
> >NullPointer issue and link it to this thread so it
> >can be re-visited later with fresh-eyes when the
>current
> >sprint is done?
> >

>Good idea.  Go for it.

Will do.

> >Regards
> >
> >Andy
> >

>Jake

>For additional commands, e-mail:
>log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or
privileged material.  If You are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution is
Prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The views
expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of The PCMS Group
plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any instruction
contained.