logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Curt Arnold as a new log4j committer
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:48:49 GMT

How about 'http://logging.apache.org/dtd/configuration.xsd'  ?

>The existing log4j.dtd is in a couple of places (tests,
>src/java/org/apache/log4j/xml), none of which is ideal.

tests/?

AFAIK, log4j.dtd can only be found in src/java/org/apache/log4j/xml.

>The definitive location isn't in the test tree

The definitive location? This does not compute. The file 'log4j.dtd'
does not exist under the tests/ tree at all but under
src/java/org/apache/log4j/xml/.

>  and if it were to be closest to the code that implements it it would be
> org/apache/log4j/joran.

The location can be worked out later.

Keep in mind that while the XML schema will help prevent and spot
errors, it should not prevent users from introducing new rules or
stand in the way of with implicit actions (sub-component
configuration.)

--
Ceki Gülcü

   The complete log4j manual: http://qos.ch/log4j/