logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: cvs commit: logging-log4j build.xml
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:09:05 GMT
At 05:53 PM 12/16/2004, Scott Deboy wrote:

>A few more thoughts:
>
>You can't tell by the jar name that it doesn't include the ORO dependencies.

and likely to cause avoidable confusion down the road.

>For this reason, if it was a concern I'd be +0 on reverting the ant script
>changes, but I'd like to leave the changes to RuleFactory.

Having given this a little more thought. With or without the changes, the
build can be considered broken. I think it makes sense to explicitly add a
ORO dependency when building log4j.jar, in the same way it has a dependency
on mail.jar or jms.jar.

Scott, would you do the honors?

--
Ceki Gülcü