logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Joran, RollingFileAppender, and Rollover failure warnings
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:49:10 GMT

On Windows, opening the log file from a different process is known to
cause trouble duing rollover. In 1.3, the rollover mechanism tries to
deal with this by first renaming the file file, and only if that
fails, it copies the file. However, this strategy does not always
succeed, in which case a RolloverFailureException is thrown.

--
Ceki Gülcü

  The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/log4j/