logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RepositorySelector.detachRepository, jetty-plus, gump and PatternLayout.test14
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:14:17 GMT
This would be really good to resolve.  As it stands, the GUMP automated
runs of our unit tests have been offline for several months and  there
is no consistency on the state of our unit tests.  That forces me to
first figure out what tests are failing before I made a modification,
hack the code so the rest of the tests pass, and then test my mod.  If
you know that you are some tests for a while, I don't have a problem
with the tests being commented out or otherwise bypassed as long as you
remember to add them back.

So, did we intend to break existing implementations of
RepositorySelector by adding the detachRepository method?  How can we
resolve the issue:

Have Jetty declare that it depends on 1.2

implement detachRepository knowing that it would be ignored when
building on 1.2 (and if so what should it do)

Revert RepositorySelector and introduce a new interface for
detachRepository