logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Skarzhevskyy <skarzhevs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j LocationInfo performance.
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:41:48 GMT
Ceki
 I have not seen your new method in CVS. I was only reading at "whats
is planed" on the website.
 Now I could not find this page again.
 It would be nice to have list of changes. Word or two and the way to
find this list online as well as planned featues.

As to my tests.
 I will test the reflection method. will keep you posted.

Also I have another sugestion you have not answered!
getLocationInformation speed linearly depend on the stack size.
To it is faster to get new Throwable() as early as posible.
In my tests I got two times better perfomance for this.

Also my question was why I don't see any speed improvments in  my real
application?
May be there is somthing wrong with Throwable.getStackTrace() and threads.
Have you done any tests?

Any Why don't you have perfomance results in distribution for 1.2.9
--
Vlad