logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Joran not reporting config errors
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:22:32 GMT
Are you suggesting we leave things as-is?

I think this will break most existing xml-based configurations (assuming that folks based
their config on one in the 'examples' directory):
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging-log4j/src/java/org/apache/log4j/xml/examples/

At the very least I'd hope we could get Joran to report the error instead of silently swallowing
it.  Is that possible?  (maybe with a message in the console if they get an ILL_FORMED that
this could be due to the declaration?)